PATHWAY TO IMPROVEMENT
The centrality of accreditation is school improvement. Can accreditation help your school improve over time? Absolutely! In a 2009 report, “Learning from Accreditation”, independent researches discovered that accreditation influences school improvement through:
- Prompting reflection on the school as a whole.
- Creating an opportunity for the school to function as a professional learning community.
- Generating unique data about the school, for use in school improvement.
- Clarifying and focusing the school’s improvement efforts around specific, targeted, measurable objectives.
- Encouraging “ownership” of the resulting school improvement plans.
It was clear from the research report that accreditation makes a difference in helping schools improve. The team visit is particularly helpful in allowing schools to see themselves through a “different set of eyes.” Through the process a school is guided to focus on strength and weakness, enabling the school to set clear, targeted, measurable improvement goals that become not just the basis for maintaining accreditation but that become in themselves a continuous improvement process.
June 17, 2019
AdvancED Accreditation Training
If you will be conducting an ILCS/AdvancED Partnership accreditation in the next 18 months, this training will be CRITICAL for your school to understand the components and complete the process correctly and efficiently. Please make plans to attend this valuable training.